What does NENA do with your personal information?
Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. Federal law also limits how we can use your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do with the personal information we collect online through this website and through offline means like telephone, fax, or hardcopy forms.
When you use this website, all personal information you provide is voluntary. We collect and use only the minimum information necessary to provide you with access to, and ensure the security of, the data you or your organization has licensed or submitted. In most cases, we collect limited personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, or email address. In limited cases, depending on the nature of your request, we may also collect other personal information such as job title, employer name, and employer contact information (e.g., telephone number, fax number, and email address).
When do we collect personal information?When you contact us...
- to request access to or purchase a license to a database product.
- to update information about your company or agency that forms part of a database product.
- to request help accessing, using, or updating this website or a database product.
- to solicit or update information about you or your company or agency for inclusion in a database product.
- to request information about your experience with new or existing websites or database products (e.g., during a customer survey).
- to verify information submitted by a third party for inclusion or update in a database product.
Where does your information go?Within NENA...
- We occasionally contact those who purchase access to database products to ensure satisfaction with those products, or to verify compliance with license terms.
- We contact agencies whose information is included in a database product to verify the accuracy and currency of that information.
- Our staff or our platform provider’s staff may review information contained in a database for consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
- Our staff may review information contained in a database product to verify or update another database product or other internal data sources such as marketing or membership contact lists.
We license access to agency data, including personal contact information, if included, to third parties such as private emergency operations centers and emergency call routing centers. When we do so, we require our licensees, as a condition of receiving access to the data, to keep the data confidential, and to take reasonable steps to protect the data against disclosure to other unauthorized persons or organizations.
How does NENA protect your information?
We use security measures to protect your personal information, including computer safeguards and monitoring, and secured files and buildings to control access. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission of personal information you supply when you use our secure online forms. Do not email sensitive information; instead, contact us by telephone.
To receive a listing of information about you held by NENA, or to opt-out of specific communications, please contact Roger Hixson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via telephone at (202) 618-4405.